There are many opportunities in a school that can be pursued to make it a more green environment.
- The EPA’s green procurement site, Energy Star success stories:
- By replacing their conventional vending machines with ENERGY STAR qualified models, Davis School District saved $33,000 annually.
- Jefferson Houston Elementary School replaced an old roof with an ENERGY STAR qualified roof to save $31,000 annually.
- By using ENERGY STAR qualified kitchen equipment, Austin Public Schools saved over $3,000 annually.
- Get started now with EPA’s ENERGY STAR Program for Schools
- U.S. EPA, Environmentally Preferable Purchasing: EPP helps the federal government “buy green”, and in doing so, uses the federal government’s enormous buying power to stimulate market demand for green products and services. Geared first to help federal purchasers, this site can help green vendors, businesses large and small, and consumers.